Jul 1, 2009Egypt, WHO report three new H5N1 casesThe World Health Organization (WHO) today confirmed three new H5N1 avian influenza cases that were reported in early and mid June by Egypt’s health ministry. All are young children who are recovering. The first patient is a 1-year-old boy from Domiat governorate who got sick on Jun 1 and was hospitalized and treated with oseltamivir (Tamiflu) the next day. He was discharged on Jun 9. The second patient is a 4-year-old girl from Dakhlia governorate who became ill on Jun 5 and was hospitalized and given Tamiflu the following day. She was released from the hospital on Jun 14. The third patient is a 1-year-old boy from Kefr el Sheikh governorate who started feeling sick on Jun 15 and was hospitalized and placed on Tamiflu the next day. He is in stable condition. The WHO said the source of infection in all three of the cases was close contact with sick and dead poultry. The three new cases raise Egypt’s H5N1 total to 81, 27 of them fatal. They raise the world’s number of H5N1 cases to 436, which includes 262 deaths.[Jul 1 WHO statement]Michigan officials find E coli outbreak strain in ground beef samplesThe US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said today that Michigan’s public health laboratory has identified the Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak strain that trigged a recall of about 421,000 pounds of beef products from JBS Swift Beef Company in unopened packages of ground beef from a patient’s home. Several state health departments, the CDC, and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) are investigating the outbreak. So far 23 cases with the matching genetic fingerprint have been reported from nine states: California, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, and Wisconsin. Most ill patients reported eating ground beef, and many said it was undercooked. The first illness was reported Apr 2, and the last one began on Jun 13. Of 17 patients for whom hospitalization status is known, 12 (70%) were hospitalized. Two developed hemolytic uremic syndrome, a potentially fatal kidney condition.[Jul 1 CDC ground beef E coli outbreak update]CDC reports slight rise in cookie dough E coli casesThe number of patients sickened in an Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak linked to prepackaged raw cookie dough has grown to 72 in 30 states, the CDC reported yesterday. The updated numbers are an increase of three cases and 1 state since the CDC’s last report on Jun 25. Case control studies showed a strong link between being sick with the outbreak strain and eating raw Nestle Toll House cookie dough. Investigators from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) found E coli O157:H7 in a sample taken at the Danville, Va., facility where the dough is produced. Further testing is under way to determine if it matches the outbreak strain.[Jun 30 CDC cookie dough E coli outbreak update]Companies pull products due to Salmonella concernsTwo companies have removed products containing food ingredients made by a Minnesota company that may be contaminated with Salmonella. Dunkin’ Donuts pulled its hot chocolate and Dunkaccino beverages from its menu as a precautionary measure, though none of the products were contaminated, the Associated Press (AP) reported yesterday. Meanwhile, Traditions, a Pearl, Miss., company today recalled its boxed prepackaged meal kits that contain aseparate portion of instant nonfat dry milk. The FDA had previously announced a recall on the dried milk, made by Plainview Milk Products Cooperative on Jun 28. The recall involves the past 2 years of the company’s food ingredient products, which might be tainted with Salmonella. The USDA had found Salmonella in a dairy shake ingredient, which led to an investigation that found some contamination on equipment at Plainview’s plant.[Jul 1 USDA recall notice]
As a result, private carriers become much more expensive, and the city of Dubrovnik itself has been damaged by a hefty amount of at least 900.000,00 kuna, which is how much the city earns annually from tolls on the Pile plateau, according to the UGP. “Although Libertas – Dubrovnik doo bought the mentioned buses on credit, we repeat that this is a company that is owned by the city of Dubrovnik and as such is subsidized from the city budget. Vehicles purchased with subsidies may not be used for commercial purposes on behalf of a third party, in this case. Even if specific buses were not purchased with a subsidy, the company is still subsidized by the City (salaries, maintenance, fuel ()”Point out from UGP. The UGP additionally states that at the session of the City Council, Mayor Mato Franković stated that within a maximum of two years, only and exclusively Libertas will operate in the city of Dubrovnik. Libertas – Dubrovnik entered the market with its price list of the mentioned transfers, which are slightly more expensive than private carriers, but at the same time the City of Dubrovnik, ie the company Sanitat Dubrovnik, abolished the obligation to pay a stop fee on the Pile plateau. In July 2019, the City of Dubrovnik sent a letter to travel agencies with a proposal for a new organization of traffic, which stated that from 01.04.2020. public city transport Libertas-Dubrovnik doo (a company owned by the city of Dubrovnik) will be the only one that will be able to transport guests from ships on cruises on the route Luka Dubrovnik – Pile. The situation in this case is completely clear. In a completely illegal way, the local self-government unit is trying to enter the market by establishing a monopoly, said Marko Slišković, a member of the tourism committee of the Voice of Entrepreneurs association, adding: “As far as I know, we live in a democratic state where the rules of market competition are clearly set. We can compare this move of the city of Dubrovnik with the socialist way of governing, and such a thing should be a long-forgotten past.” Namely, the members of the Voice of Entrepreneurs Association from Dubrovnik are hindered by none other than the city of Dubrovnik, monopolizing the transport of tourists in certain locations. Due to the needs of these transfers, Libertas – Dubrovnik doo bought six articulated buses (three are already running in Dubrovnik, while three are still announced). Articulated buses are city buses and can only be registered as such, in which case they would perform occasional transport. The city of Dubrovnik prevents the work of local occasional carriers by giving a monopoly for transport on certain routes to companies owned by the city, point out the Association of Voices of Entrepreneurs. “I hereby order the local authorities of the city of Dubrovnik to suspend the proceedings and to publicly apologize to all citizens of the city of Dubrovnik. The Association of Entrepreneurs will, as before, monitor their every step and we will definitely not allow such anomalies to the detriment of entrepreneurs and all citizens of the city of Dubrovnik. ” Slišković concluded. UGP considers the behavior of the city of Dubrovnik inadmissible. In this way, they get directly involved in market competition, using their powers to monopolize the market, and at the same time they are the only ones who will make money from the occasional transport of tourists. / / / GUESTS FROM THE CRUISER WILL BE TRANSPORTED BY LOW-FLOOR BUS TO THE SAW Photo: City of Dubrovnik “In all of the above, we find that the City of Dubrovnik is in violation of the law on road transport, the law on communal economy, the law on management of local self-government units, but also the Constitution of the Republic of Croatia since it is a pure monopoly prohibited by Article 49. The Bus Association has 45 members with about 150 buses, while in Dubrovnik there are a dozen other buses that are not members of the Association. Not to mention how much impact the implementation of this decision would have on our business, especially after the COVID 19 pandemic.” said Vesna Lukić, president of the Ragusa Bus Association. It is a matter of a pure transfer, although the city government persistently uses the term “shuttle”, which is not the case, the UGP emphasizes. Cover photo: Pixabay.com/City of Dubrovnik / Illustration: HrTurizam
Daily Mail 20 June 2019Family First Comment: Three children are among thousands of people to have died under Belgium’s radical euthanasia regime. They were euthanised under the world’s only law that allows children of any age to choose to be put to death. An official report has revealed the annual number of euthanasia cases across all age groups has multiplied almost fivefold in ten years.#rejectassistedsuicideprotect.org.nzLast year, figures revealed that three children are among thousands of people to have died under Belgium’s radical euthanasia regimeThey were euthanised under the world’s only law that allows children of any age to choose to be put to death – a move opponents warn trivialises the value of life.An official report has revealed the annual number of euthanasia cases across all age groups has multiplied almost fivefold in ten years. The practice was legalised in Belgium in 2003 – a year after the Netherlands. In 2007, 495 Belgians chose to die this way.But latest figures reveal there were 2,028 such deaths in the country in 2016 and 2,309 in 2017 – a 14 per cent year-on-year rise. Two of the children died in 2016 and one in 2017. Their names and ages were not given, but all were understood to have had cancer.While the Netherlands does not allow children under 12 to choose death, Belgium’s decision in 2014 to extend its euthanasia laws to all minors provoked outrage in the country and internationally.READ MORE: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7158031/Belgian-doctor-practices-euthanasia-says-doesnt-feel-like-hes-killing-patient.html?ito=email_share_article-factbox
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea boss Sarri: 2-goal Hazard just like Messi, Ronaldoby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has likened Eden Hazard to Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.Hazard scored twice for victory at Watford.Sarri said, “Of course he’s very important for us but Messi is very important for Barcelona, Ronaldo is important for Juventus. “He’s a great player, he’s able to play in every position. At the moment he’s playing as a false nine and he’s able to play there.”He scored two and made two or three good assists. He’s very able to open spaces for his team-mates. He can play very well in every position.”
One of Alabama’s top offensive linemen has committed to play for the Auburn Tigers. Austin Troxell, a four-star tackle out of Madison Academy, made his decision during a campus visit this afternoon, according to multiple reports.4-star OT Austin Troxell (@austintroxell33) has verbally committed to Auburn today during his campus visit. #MGMAuburn— Matthew Stevens (@matthewcstevens) June 18, 2016Boom!!!!!!!! #WDE— Coach Gus Malzahn (@CoachGusMalzahn) June 18, 2016Troxell’s decision comes after two trips to campus this month, solidifying his choice between the Tigers and rival Alabama. AL.com spoke to Troxell about his choice. “I have committed to the University of Auburn, so I’m ready,” Troxell said. “I’m ready to start my journey and be an Auburn Tiger… It’s a burden lifted off my shoulders. I finally got my decision made. No looking back now. It’s 100 percent Auburn now so I’m ready.”Troxell is yet to tweet about the decision himself, but has retweeted a few of his future teammates that have offered him congratulations. Troxell is Auburn’s ninth commit, and fifth blue-chip player.[AL.com]MORE FROM COLLEGE SPUN:The 10 Most Aggressive Fan Bases In CFBIn Photos: Golfer Paige SpiranacESPN Makes Decision On Dick Vitale
Nuno Espirito Santo says Wolves must keep their identity despite a draw and loss in their first two Premier League games.This Saturday, Nuno Espirito Santo and his Wolves side will face the Champions Manchester City at home.Wolves started their Premier League season with a 2-2 draw against 10-men Everton, before losing to Leicester 2-0 last weekend.As they prepare to host the Champions, Nuno Espirito Santo is adamant to change their football style and philosophy.“We don’t know how to play any other way,” Santo told Sky Sports.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“There are two ways to react to something that happened, for example, away against Leicester. You react by changing, or not. We will not change, because we want to build something.“It’s more important that we build the same things that we train, we want to achieve, and it’s another opportunity to do so. We will not change but adapt, of course, because you have a good opponent in front of you but we don’t change.“When you want to build something, you have to truly believe in what you are doing and keep pushing onto it.”
Sevilla have announced that midfielder Maxime Gonalons will be out for at least six weeks with a fractured fibulaThe France international was signed by Los Rojiblancos this summer from AS Roma on a loan deal.And, following compatriot Steven N’Zonzi’s move the other way, Gonalons seemed set to play a prominent role at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.The 29-year-old has made four appearances across all competitions for Pablo Machin’s side and opened his scoring account in Sevilla’s 3-0 Europa League qualifying win over Sigma Olomouc.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.But a collision in training on Thursday means that Gonalons will now face a lengthy spell on the sidelines.“The French player received a blow during a training and the tests to which he has been subjected to confirm the condition,” read a statement.Sevilla are currently fifth in La Liga after three games.
With a hat-trick by the Brazilian and goals from Cavani, Di Maria, and Mbappé, PSG battered Red Star from Belgrade at Parc des Princes.After that first painful defeat from the first Champions League match of the season at Anfield Road, PSG really needed to win their second match this Wednesday against Red Star from Belgrade.This was supposed to be an easier match for the French giants, they of course didn’t disappoint and offered a great performance. But out of all the stars that the French champions have, there is no question that the absolute leader of the team is Neymar Jr who scored a hat-trick and was involved in pretty much all the rest of the goals from his teammates.The Brazilian star began his goal-romp with a beautiful free-kick over the men-barrier only 20 minutes after the match started, it took him only two minutes to get his second goal after a combination with Kylian Mbappé.Past the half-hour of the match, Edinson Cavani took a shot from inside the box and the ball got a deflection that confused the Red Star goalkeeper enough for Edinson to get his goal. But PSG was hungry for more goals, they were just getting started as they wanted to get at least half a dozen.Hat-trick hero 😍😍😍#PSGFKCZ pic.twitter.com/VU445N2csT— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) October 3, 2018Just a few minutes before halftime, PSG was in the middle of a long build-up that Thomas Meunier took on the right wing. The Belgian full-back saw Di Maria making the run towards the box and he sent a beautiful assist with the outside of his foot, the Argentinean didn’t waste the opportunity and scored his side’s fourth goal of the match right before the half-time whistle.German manager Thomas Tuchel asked his players to slow down a little bit, this is the moment in which players like Neymar can get fouled the most due to the frustration from his rivals. The French champions took note and played a much more reserved style of football until the final 20 minutes, when Kylian Mbappé appeared to score his goal because he obviously didn’t want to miss out on all the fun.PSG ultras sent a warning letter to Neymar Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Brazilian superstar Neymar might play today his first game of the season for Paris Saint-Germain and the team’s ultras have warned him.Neymar was involved in the goal again, he saw Cavani making the run towards the box and dinked the ball for him to send the assist to the French lad, who only pushed the ball inside. It was already 5-0 at Parc des Princes, German midfielder Marko Marin was able to pull one back for Red Star with 15 minutes from the final whistle.But the star of the night, Neymar Jr wanted to get that hat-trick in order to feel that he was closer to his best form and he did it in style. With nine minutes still left on the clock, the Brazilian start took another free-kick but he did it with a lot more power and collocation than his first goal of the evening and gave PSG their sixth goal of the match for a convincing victory in the Champions League.Unfortunately for the French champions, this win tells us absolutely nothing in regards to the club’s actual level of performance. Red Star from Belgrade can hardly be considered a worthy opponent that can challenge them at all, we are going to have to wait for them to play against Napoli in the next two matches to know how well they can respond against a more competitive opponent.Also, in Ligue 1, PSG will play against Olympique Lyonnais on Sunday before the final international break of 2018. Neymar will get a new chance to prove his worth again, but today’s performance was more than enough for him to keep earning that lost confidence he had before, during, and right after the summer.FULL TIME: PSG flex their offensive 💪in the @ChampionsLeague with a 6-1 win over Red Star Belgrade! #PSGFKCZ #ALLEZPARIS!! 🔴🔵 pic.twitter.com/4F5XPRBdyw— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) October 3, 2018Which of these was your favorite goal from PSG against Red Star from Belgrade? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
Former Manchester United striker Louis Saha believes Zinedine Zidane is the right manager to lead Manchester United to glory after Jose Mourinho was sacked.The former French International says Zidane who led Real Madrid to three consecutive Champions League titles before leaving will bring a new dimension to the team.In an interview with Omnisport via FourFourTwo, Saha backed former France team-mate Zidane to succeed at Old Trafford. .“For me, I am a supporter of Zidane in relation to the man,” Saha said. “He was an exceptional player, the coach, there is no equivalent.“In communication he has made a lot of progress. When I hear him talking, it’s incredible.Dani Ceballos, the most underrated Spanish player today Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 13, 2019 We’ve been looking for the next great Spanish player and we had him under our noses all along, meet underrated Dani Ceballos.Even though you’ve…“He breathes football, he is a passionate person, who has all the qualities to be respected. He knows how to balance attack and defence.“At Real Madrid, he had three offensive monsters, and he has to make the link with the defence. It’s huge.“For me it’s the best choice for United. I think he will have the support of the supporters, the staff, the president because he deserves it. And we’re going to give him time.”Zidane is no manager of any club at the moment and could take the job if both parties agree.